When do you renew your real estate license NY?
You must renew your real estate license NY every 2-years from the date your license was received. Make a note of your license expiration date as, in accordance with the New York Green Initiative, DOS will no longer be sending a paper renewal reminder via mail. You can always view your license information using the eAccess online real estate license lookup tool available here.
Remember: You have 2-years from the date your license expires to renew your license. If you fail to renew within the 2-year period, you will be required to pass the state written examination and to also submit a new salesperson/broker application and fee.
Your real estate license NY can be renewed by following these steps:
- First, complete your required real estate license NY continuing education.
- Secondly, visit the eAccessNY site and log into your account. Remember, because of the Green Initiative, you must now renew your licenses online. After you log on, from the Main Menu page click on “List of Licenses (Access your license here).” A listing of all your License(s) and License Number(s) will be listed. If you have more than one license, click on the license you wish to renew. Click on “Renew License” and then “Next Step” to renew the license. Proceed with this online renewal ONLY if the information listed is correct.
- Answer the questions and press “Next Step” to continue.
- Affirm the application by checking the “I Agree” box and press “Next Step” to continue. When you affirm your application, you are indicating that you have met the requirements for renewal. Therefore, you must complete your continuing education prior to submitting your online renewal.
- Enter your credit card details and press “Submit” to submit your payment.
- Lastly, you will get a “Confirmation” page indicating your renewal has been submitted. Print the page for your records. Your renewal application will also be reviewed by the Department to make sure it is complete and meets the qualifications for renewal.
Need additional assistance with your NYS real estate license renewal?
Still have questions? You can also view frequently ask real estate license online renewal questions on the eAccess site by clicking here.
What online real estate continuing education course do I need in order to renew my NY real estate license?
Both NY real estate salespersons and brokers must complete 22.5-hours of continuing education each license renewal. Your required CE must include:
If a salesperson is within their first license term, they must complete 2-hours of Agency along with the other requirements listed above.
How do I report my course completions to the NY DOS?
When you complete one of your online real estate courses, a completion certificate will be available immediately. This certificate is for your records and you are not required to submit it to DOS.
RealEstateCE submits real estate continuing education online course completions to DOS daily.
Where can I find the NYS real estate CE online that I need for my license renewal?
RealEstateCE is the best option for your NY real estate continuing education course. You can complete our online CE courses using any internet ready device. This lets you fulfill your mandatory education at your own pace with the flexibility to work anytime and anywhere. Contact us today to learn more about our NY CE course line-up.
Real Estate License NY - Online Real Estate - DOS Approved
This information current as of January 2019.